PROJECT 4 : Let's overtake cancer with Big Data
By cross-referencing as much data as possible, from the genome of patients to the data recorded by smart objects, we will soon be able to define treatments and support that are truly personalized for each patient.
Xosé Fernandez, Chief Data Officer
Institut Curie is the first center in France to have recruited a Chief Data Officer in 2017. His mission is to set up the Institute's global database, which is populated by the research center and the hospital group. This database and its ethical charter of use will become a major development tool for research teams but also a very valuable support for practitioners in the diagnosis, personalization of treatments, and follow-up of patients.
Institut Curie's database will in particular allow us to:
- Collect and make the results of the research carried out by all the teams available for use
- Continue to map cancer types and known responses to treatments to support practitioners in their diagnosis and treatment choices
- Improve post-treatment follow-up and prevent relapse thanks to data collected by smart objects and input provided by patients themselves via monitoring applications
- Acceleration of research thanks to Artificial Intelligence
- Improvement of treatments through precision medicine
- Improvement of international information sharing
- Optimization of the patient journey